10.13. Electroheating of glass of a window of a back
The heating element of glass of a window of a back consists of the horizontal current-carrying strips connected on both parties by vertical tyres. One tyre is connected with + the onboard electric system, another — to "weight" of a body. Pressure of a food of an electroheater 12 Century
If after inclusion of electroheating the surface has flown down remained crude, check up a control lamp or the voltmeter, whether there is a pressure of a food on conclusions of a heating element of glass. For this purpose a control lamp (or the voltmeter) connect to a conclusion + an electroheater and "weight" of a body. If pressure of a food is absent, check up electroconducting of a feed circuit of an element and eliminate malfunction.
If the feed circuit of a heating element is serviceable, check up serviceability of its current-carrying strips.
Check spend at the working engine and the included electroheating. By the voltmeter serially measure pressure on all strips, having connected one conclusion of the voltmeter to "weight" of a body, and another it is consecutive to current-carrying strips. If the pressure measured by the voltmeter in the beginning and the end of strips, is identical and is approximately equal to pressure of the storage battery, check up reliability of contact of a "mass" wire of a heating element with a car body.
Pressure on a strip should decrease in process of removal of a place of connection of the voltmeter from the tyre of positive polarity of an element. It is necessary to measure pressure at least in two places on identical distance from a symmetry axis to exclude probability of the admission of the damaged site. At detection of discrepancy of indications on one of strips move contact of a wire of the voltmeter along this strip until pressure does not become equal to zero. The sharp voltage reduction specifies in strip rupture in this place. Note on an external surface of glass small or collotype a place of rupture for the subsequent repair of the damaged site.
For repair of a heating element it is possible to use one of special sets available on sale. Despite the fact that what sets are made by different manufacturers, their structure is approximately identical also all of them are supplied by the instruction on application. The typical operating procedure with these sets is more low resulted.
1. Remove a site of a strip in length of 6 mm from each party of the damaged place.
2. Wipe the damaged place the pure fabric moistened in spirit.
3. Paste on glass in a place of damage of a strip a repair sticky tape or two pieces of a usual sticky tape from above and from below a repaired site, and the distance between pieces of a sticky tape should correspond to width of a current-carrying strip on glass.
4. Carefully mix a hardener with the basic structure of silvery colour. If the hardener has thickened, place packing with it in hot water and wait, when the hardener becomes liquid.
5. Put a wooden shovel a composition on a repaired site and remove a sticky tape.
6. Establish a heater on distance of 25 mm from the damaged place and heat up a composition within 1–2 minutes the Minimum temperature of heating 149 С.
In some sets the structure should not be heated up: it polymerized at a room temperature.
7. If after drying the strip has become colourless, put on it a brush polymerisation iodic structure — colour of a strip will be restored. After the iodic structure will dry up during 30 with, wipe a pure fabric without pile its surpluses. During polymerisation of the repair composition proceeding 24 ч, exclude any mechanical influence on the repaired site of a strip.
8. Include and check up work of a heating element of back glass.
If the wire has come off the tyre, solder its solder containing 3 % of silver and канифольную paste as a gumboil, in a following order.
1. Clear a soldering place on the tyre and a wire vein.
2. A brush put on connected places of a wire and the tyre a little канифольной pastes.
3. Apply a thin film solder on a wire vein.
4. Solder a wire to the tyre, avoiding an overheat of connected details.